A Letter of Thanksgiving from Coach Will

I am most thankful for God’s continued presence and blessing in my life. My enthusiasm for life, my drive, my ambition, all come from the Lord. I truly wouldn’t be the person I am without the joy in my heart that comes only from God, the transforming power of sanctification that continuously molds and guides me to be more like him, and the never ending grace that is given to me when I fall short. I will never take for granted the gifts and abilities that he’s given me, so everything I do is to honor and glorify him. 

I am thankful to be able to share my joy and my accomplishments with my family. Their support means the world to me and it makes my journey all the more meaningful with my wife, daughter, and family by my side to constantly encourage me and push me to be the best version of myself that I can be. Even when they laugh and call me crazy.

I am thankful for this country and the freedom and unparalleled opportunity that we have only because of the sacrifice of others. The selfless dedication to preserving freedoms and values have shaped us as a country and provided infinite opportunities for future generations. Without those who sacrificed, we would not have the rights and privileges we enjoy today.

On a less serious but also very serious note – I am very thankful for chocolate milk (whole fat ONLY) and New Glarus for creating the best beer and postworkout reward: Spotted Cow.