A Letter of Thanksgiving from Coach Erika

First, I am so thankful for the gym. It’s hard to find words that accurately describe the catalyst that physical fitness has been in my life, but I’m truly grateful for the peace, community, and confidence it has given me that has spilled over into so many other areas of my life. I’m grateful for all that it allows my body to do!

Second, I am so thankful for all the members (& coaches) of TM, past and present. The connections I have made here are some of my most deeply cherished. There is so much value in finding a community with shared goals, interests, and priorities, and there is something so special about surrounding yourself with people who are trying to get a little better every day. All of you motivate me and inspire me every single time I’m inside the gym, whether I am coaching or taking class with you. I cannot put into words how fulfilling it is to watch you all find confidence and joy in fitness. Every time you get a PR, learn a new movement, or find consistency, I am just as excited as you (if not more so). Thank you for letting us be a part of your health journey. It is a privilege we do not take lightly. I love my TM fam!

Third, I am thankful for my family. I could not ask for a more supportive group of people to surround me. To my mom and dad, it is truly a gift to have a relationship like we do. The way you rally around us and prioritize us and our wants and needs and dreams is something that doesn’t go unnoticed or unappreciated. I love you more than life. Thank you for continuing to fight for your health. To Kaitlyn (or Kait, as many of you know her), you are my best friend & I say that wholeheartedly. I admire you & am so proud of the way you live your life so authentically and boldly. To Jordan, my future brother-in-law, thank you for being the brother I never had & for bringing my sweet niece into our lives. I am thankful for not only the way you love my sister, but also the way you love our whole family. To my in-laws, I feel so blessed to have married into a family that brought me an awesome MIL, FIL, nephews, a sister, brothers, & more. 

Fourth, I am thankful for my friends. They bring joy and balance into my life, & I truly appreciate each one of you who have become my chosen family. Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives and for letting me love you and your babies and fur babies and families.

Fifth, I am thankful for a new career. This was one of the biggest changes this past year in my personal life. While closing the door on my chapter in education is bittersweet, I am so excited to see where this new path takes me. I am thankful for the doors that opened that allowed me this opportunity and I am so grateful to have had so much support in my decision. I am on a team of great people & our leadership is truly wonderful. 

Finally, I am thankful for my husband and our boys. Without Ryan, I don’t know that I would have had so much peace in making a decision to walk away from a nine year career in education with no back up plan. 😅 But he supported me and encouraged me every step of the way, reassuring me that we’d “figure it out”. Thank you for your unwavering support in my endeavors and for believing in me completely. Thank you for working so hard to make TM a home away from home for so many, myself included. Thank you for all you do for me & our boys. To Axe🐶, Arlo🐶, Javi🐱, and Rizzo🐱, thank you for your unconditional love; you are the heartbeat of my day.