A Letter of Thanksgiving from Coach Derek

This thanksgiving, I have more to be thankful for than ever.  First, I’m thankful to be celebrating my one-year wedding anniversary this month and will be welcoming our first child before we know it!  I’m extremely thankful to have found a new home for my family as well in this time when finding and affording a new home can be stressful.

Secondly, I’m thankful to finally be closing my final chapter on my physical therapy academic career.  After what seemed like an eternity, I’ve reached the last few weeks of my final long-term clinical rotation, and successfully passed the national physical therapy exam.  I couldn’t be happier to be so close to helping people be healthier and happier.

Last but definitely not least, I’m thankful for all my family, both inside and outside of the gym.  My wife’s family and my family have been so helpful in the big changes this year like moving and prepping for a little one running around. 

To my gym family; I see you making it a priority to come in to exercise before the sun comes up.  I see you still coming in to push yourself after a hard day of work.  To everyone I get the privilege of coaching and get a little bit better with every day, you all push me to try to be the best version of myself whether you know it or not, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.